Big Art Party
Saturday, August 11, 3 to 7 pm open to the public
Artists Register to participate:
Tuesday, July 31 / 5 pm by contacting CCAS
Artist Set up: August 11, Between Noon and 2 pm
Artist breakdown: August 11, 7 pm to 8 pm
Marc Foster’s Art Studio, 320 Alhambra Boulevard , in East Sacramento on the corner of C and Alhambra, one block north from McKinley Park.
Share your art as people visit to get more information about the Capital Artists’ Studio Tour. Artist, Marc Foster’s studio space is a hip, vast, and centrally located place for this community celebration! Be among the first to see the CAST Guide,- a 32 page, four color guide with all 150 artist listings and tour maps, as it will be debuted at the Big Art Party.
Set up your art for display or sale, or organize an art project to share with visitors. Each artist can plan to have an 10’ x 10’ space in this outdoor parking lot. This is a great opportunity for you to tell the community and future tour goers about your studio and about you!
What You’ll Need:
- If you plan to participate in the Big Art Party, please bring everything you will need to show your work. This might include a table, pop-up canopy, easels, materials for interactive art projects you plan to do with the public, paper, pens, tape, snacks, water to keep you hydrated throughout the event, etc.
- If you plan to sell art, please bring everything you’ll need for making sales transactions.
- Bring your mailing list to sign people up so you can remind them to visit you during the Tour.
- This is a great time to implement some of the outreach ideas discussed during the first Marketing Seminar. If you missed it, you can find it here.
Other Reasons to Party:
- Sacramento365.com will be looking to meet CAST Artists and show you how to submit for their monthly Feature Artist Profiles, and how you can use them as a resource to list your shows, open studios and events as well as how to create artist profiles for free on their well-trafficked site.
- The Center for Contemporary Art, Sacramento (CCAS) staff will be on hand to guide visitors in their Tour planning and to sign people up for special events such as docent led shuttle tours and CAST tours by Fast Eddie Bike Tours.
- The Sacramento Children’s Museum will be at the Big Art Party to host wonderful art projects for families; and guests can register to win free original art when they visit.
- CAST sponsor, SMUD, will be on hand to sign up Sacramento residents for free energy assessments for up to $9,000 in rebates as part of their My Sacramento initiative, and visitors can enjoy cool refreshments at the frozen yogurt, and lemonade stations.
It is a big celebration of an event that is going to be huge in September!
The Capital Artists’ Studio Tour is coming right up, Sept 8-9 and Sept 15-16! Supporting this, 25,000 printed map and and Guides will be distributed around town following the August 11th launch!
Please contact CCAS by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like to set up your art for display or an interactive art project for visitors to do with you! You can also just come by the Party to introduce yourself to people, tell them about your art and have a generally good time.
Facebook: Help us to spread the word by sharing a post on Facebook. Below is a suggested post to make it easy. Thanks!
Join in the Big Art Party to kick off the Capital Artists’ Studio Tour events and be among the first to get your free copy of the CAST Guide that includes tour maps and 150 artist studio listings.
Also, add it to your email signature so all of your contacts know about your events. Here’s a sample promotional text for your signature line:
*Join in the Big Art Party fun on August 11, 3-7pm to kick off the Capital Artists’ Studio Tour and be among the first to get your free copy of the Capital Artists’ Studio Tour Guide!
We hope you will join us!
-The CAST Committee
Capital Artists’ Studio Tour Exhibition at CCAS
An exhibition featuring the work of all artists participating in the Capital Artists’ Studio Tour will be held at CCAS from August 21 – September 16, 2012.
Participating CAST Artists need to drop off one piece at CCAS on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 14 and 15 from noon to 7pm.
Artists need to pick up their artwork from the CCAS exhibition on Tuesday and Wednesday, September 18 and 19, from noon to 7pm.
Thank you CAST Artists!